The AIA Maine COTE Awards program recognizes exemplary and innovative built projects that establish a standard of over-all design excellence that creatively integrates sustainable design strategies, demonstrating their benefits while educating and inspiring the profession and the public.
- Submissions due on November 20, 2015
- Jury review on December 2, 2015
- Winners announced at the December Annual Meeting (date and location tba).
- All registered architects living in the State of Maine are invited to submit their completed built projects, regardless of project size, budget, style, building type, or location. Entries are welcomed and encouraged from both established and new practitioners and designers, and from small firms and large.
- Projects must be built and completed within the past 5 years.
Judging Criteria: Each entry will be judged for the success with which the project has met its individual requirements, with particular emphasis on design excellence. Projects will be evaluated on a broad and inclusive definition of design quality that includes performance, aesthetics, community connection and resilience, and stewardship of the natural environment.
Award Categories: Residential, Multi-Family, Commercial, Institutional/Educational
Rick Ames AIA | Next Phase Studios
Robert Matthew Noblett AIA NCARB | Behnisch Architekten
Ellen Watts AIA | Architerra
AIA Maine Members - $100 for first entry| $50 for additional entries
Non Members - $200 for first entry| $100 for additional entries