Committee Chair: Stephen Rich, AIA
- To track and coordinate appropriate action on all legislative proposals that has an impact on the profession and act as the conduit to state and federal leaders on items of importance.
- To represent AIA Maine at related government and professional/organizational functions (BGS, AGC, QBS, AIA State Government Network, etc.) to serve as a conduit for development of new legislative activities related to Architecture and Architects.
- Plan and coordinate AIA Maine’s legislative agenda
- Coordinate proposed legislation with other organizations and professional affiliations thru A/E Legislative Task Force, and coordinate recommend positions and testimony on behalf of AIA Maine
- Coordinate administrative functions with AIA Maine staff and consultants
- Coordinate AIA National’s State Government Network (SGN) representation and participation
- Coordinate AIA National’s legislative agenda with Maine’s legislative delegation
- Stay informed on Federal activities that have an impact on the profession
- Coordinate AIA Maine/AIA Maine Architect representation for boards, committees, panels, etc as requested by legislative and administrative bodies (BGS Advisory Group, etc.)
- Coordinate AIA Maine representation on industry panels and initiatives (Magic, "The Blue Book", etc.)