Committee Chair: Jesse Thompson AIA
- To inspire and educated the public on architecture and design.
- To develop design competitions and programs that promote design excellence throughout the state.
- To plan the biennial Design Awards Program that recognizes and publishes outstanding design, representative of the work of our members.
- Develop support and coordinate programs that promote design excellence.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of AIA Maine’s biennial Design Awards Program.
- Advertise and promote these programs within the Chapter and with outside news media.
- Serve as the Chapter’s coordinator, and make recommendations for appointments , for design award jury requests
- Serve as AIA Maine’s coordinator with Maine Home + Design magazine on the AIA Design Theory Feature
- Serve as coordinator with the AIA Maine’s COTE committee re: green design excellence