2015 Member Achievements
AIA New England Design Awards
- Carol A. Wilson Architect - Honor Award - Mills House
- GO Logic - Honor Award - Little House on the Ferry
- john gordon | architect - People’s Choice Award – 363 House
AIA Maine SustainABLE for ME Awards
- john gordon | architect - Honor Award Residential - 363HOUSE
- Gawron Turgeon Architects - Honor Award Residential —Casa - An Intermediate Care Facility
- WBRC Architects Engineers - Honor Award Existing Building - Cross Insurance Arena
- WBRC Architects Engineers - Merit Award in Public Accommodation - Ocean Ave Elementary School
- Access Design - Citation Award Residential - Camper Cabin
AIA Maine 2015 COTE Awards
Association for Learning Environments
- PDT Architects - Lee J. Brockway Award for school renovation/addition projects, - Mt. Blue Campus, Farmington
AIA New Hampshire Design Award
- Scott Simons Architects - Honor Award - Brewster Academy: Anderson Hall Performing Arts Center
Remodeling Design Awards 2015
- Elliott + Elliott - Grand Award
- Elliott + Elliott - Considered Design Awards 2015
MEREDA Top 7 Notable Projects of 2014
- Gawron Turgeon Architects - Falmouth Schools Redevelopment Project by OceanView
- Foreside Architects - Seaport Village Healthcare & the Inn at Seaport
Maine Preservation Award
- WBRC Architects Engineers - Honor Award for Historic Preservation – Eastport Post Office
- Scott Simons Architects - Hanscom Hall Renovation at Gould Academy
- Building Envelope Specialists -
- U Maine Machias - Powers Hall
- Kora Temple Lewison Maine
- USPS Eastport Post office
- Harriman - Honor Award - Bowdoin College Coles Tower Renovation
S-Lab (Sustainability) Award
- WBRC Architects Engineers - Laboratory Improvement & Innovation - Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences, with Perkins + Will
WBRC Architects Engineers
- Completes North View Apartments, a Net Zero affordable housingtargeted for five sustainability certifications including LEED Platinum
- Breaks ground for Sebasticook River Apartments, a Net Zero affordable housing project
- Colby Miller Library Renovation received LEED Gold certification
- Bowdoin College Harpswell Road received LEED Gold certification
BRIBURN Architecture for Life
- Completed the Viridescent House, Maine's First Net Positive Passive House, Falmouth, Maine.
- Chris Briley became a PHIUS (Passive House Institute US) Certified Passive House Consultant.
- Chris Briley presented at the 10th annual PHIUS North American Passive House Conference in Chicago.
Kaplan Thompson Architects
- We launched BrightBuilt Home as a separate entity, so now it is officially it’s own company.
- Friends School of Portland was completed - this is the first Passive House school in Maine!
- Jesse Thompson spoke at the PHIUS conference on multifamily Passive House.
- LEED for Schools—Certified, Mt. Blue Campus, Farmington
- Opening of the Capital Judicial Center, Augusta, one of Maine’s most prominent state buildings, and probably its most energy-efficient
- Maine Home & Design Magazine - WBRC Architects + Engineers - Profile on Emera Astronomy Center
- Innovative Design Magazine - WBRC Architects + Engineers - Feature on Emera Astronomy Center
- High Profile Facilities New - WBRC Architects + Engineers - Cover story on University Credit Union
- Down East Magazine - BRIBURN - June 2015, featured the Home on Dragonfly Pond.
- Green & Healthy Homes Maine - BRIBURN - Spring & Summer 2015, featured on cover the Home on Dragonfly Pond.
- Health Facilities Management Magazine - Gawron Turgeon Architects - Settings for Seniors: Designs to Answer the Challenges of an Aging Population | February 2015
- House and Homeowner - Carol Wilson Architect - The Architect-Client Relationship, Carol Wilson
Other Firm Awards/Achievements
- Best Places to Work 2015
- AIA IDP Firm Award 2015-2018
- 2015 Tree Street Youth Heartwood Award for Community Service
Kaplan Thompson Architects
- We designed a new office for KTA and BBH and are moving in a couple weeks!
- We also participated in hosting the Drink & Crit at NESEA and PSA
Scott Simons Architects
- Celebrated firm’s 20th anniversary – 1995 – 2015
- Appoints new firm principal, Laura Adcock AIA
- Gavin L. Engler Assoc. AIA - gave a lecture at his alma mater, Norwich University, titled "Since", regarding all the things learned SINCE leaving school.
- Carol Wilson AIA - gave a lecture as part of a series sponsored by the Association of Architects New Brunswick, Making Architecture Matter.
- Alan G. Kuniholm, AIA - president of Portland Society for Architecture
- David C. Webster, AIA - president of GrowSmart Maine
- Brian M. Curley, AIA - vice president of MEREDA
- Eric Stark, AIA - along with the support of faculty and admin of the University of Maine at Augusta, successfully completed phase 2 of the 6-year NAAB accreditation process for the Architecture Program in Augusta.
- Douglas W. Whitney AIA - WBRC CEO is first architect to be inducted into University of Maine’s Francis Crowe Society as an honorary engineer
- Scott Simons, AIA
- Presented at PechaKucha Portland in February 2015
- Presented at Building Community at PMA – Architalx April 2015
- Presented at Maine Live in September 2015
Gunnar Hubbard, FAIA - Elevated to the AIA College of Fellows