Looking for a Project Designer to join our team
Briburn, an award-winning firm, located in Portland Maine, offering professional services in architecture and design for commercial, educational, institutional, and multifamily as well as single family homes. Briburn specializes in sustainable, energy efficient design and strives to meet LEED, Net Zero, and passive house standards. Briburn seeks a highly motivated Project Designer for full time employment. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Architecture, on the path to licensure with two to four years experience, and a commitment to sustainability.
• Completion of a five-year architectural degree program or master’s in architecture
• Two to four years of relevant work experience
• Passion for sustainability and high-performance construction
• Familiarity with energy modeling and/or WUFI Passive software preferred
• Demonstrates excellence in design and detailing, organization, and communication
• Proficient in digital software including Revit, SketchUp, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
• Demonstrates the ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Positive attitude coupled with strong work ethic and commitment to high-quality work
• An understanding of construction detailing preferred
• Knowledge of building technology, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies, building codes, and assembly of construction drawing sets preferred
• Design and problem-solving skills as well as an appreciation of, and sensitivity to, architectural design intent
• Prepare plans and coordinate drawings
• Design production and technical development of various projects
• Assist in executing architectural projects, including design phase, drawings, and construction administration
• Collaborate with principals, project managers, project architects, engineers, designers, and other project team members to carry out project requirements
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients, contractors, and design team
• Ability to meet deadlines and work within a budget
Briburn, located in the Old Port area of Portland, Maine, the largest city in the state. Portland has a thriving arts and cultural scene, with some of the best breweries and restaurants in the country often serving farm to table meals from local farmers. Portland offers several outdoor activities during all the seasons and is a short drive to state and national parks, offering a plethora of “wild” Maine experiences. Portland has been recognized as one of the most livable cities in the United States.
BRIBURN is an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable team.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and samples of work to the attention of KiKA at: KiKA.firstname.lastname@example.org