Lavallee Brensinger Architects
PROJECT MANAGER – HEALTHCARE, PORTLAND, ME
As a Healthcare Project Manager, you will manage a variety of healthcare project types and sizes. From kick-off to post occupancy, you will lead / manage all phases of project delivery and must have a working knowledge of this process. You will help Lavallee Brensinger Architects maintain their exceptional client service by serving as the main point of contact for the client, and by delivering a successful project that is on time and within budget. You will have the opportunity to join a team that is providing state-of-the-art solutions for our Healthcare clients.
Our project managers are expected to successfully manage existing client relationships while also building new ones. You must be able to simultaneously manage one or more client projects, and provide client and team leadership by communicating objectives, contract scope, terms, and schedule. Most importantly, you will be expected to lead by example; modeling behaviors consistent with our firm’s values and mentoring / coaching team members to further their career development.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
• Develop your expertise as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
• Manage existing client relationships and build new relationships.
• Oversee innovative design strategies while working with both architectural and interior design professionals.
• Manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, and project set-up with sub-contractors, vendors, and contractors.
• Implement communication plan(s) for day-to-day, scheduled (and unscheduled) meetings, written reports, and meeting minutes.
• Track and manage financial project performance.
• Create action plans to meet project objectives, budget, and schedule.
• Identify complex project risks, lead constructability reviews, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
• Manage the project life-cycle including, but not limited to: estimating, bidding, project kick-off, weekly coordination, punch list, turnover, opening, project close-out, and post occupancy review.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
• Possess a sincere passion for Healthcare design.
• Are seeking an opportunity for professional development and career advancement.
• Have obtained an Architecture Degree (Bachelor’s) from an accredited professional degree program.
• Are licensed architects.
• Possess 5-10 years of progressively more responsible experience in a professional Architectural practice or similar role.
• Understand and have previous experience managing healthcare architectural projects of varying scale and complexity.
• Exhibit a thorough understanding of construction documentation standards and best-practices.
• Demonstrate the ability to organize the work effort and be flexible and adaptive.
• Display strong leadership and team building skills.
• Exhibit excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Will willingly travel to our three offices and client locations as needed.
ABOUT LAVALLEE BRENSINGER ARCHITECTS
From our beginning in 1976, founder Don Lavallee focused on doing his best to make things better and inspired others to do the same. He cared deeply about our team, our work, and our community. It is only fitting the firm began its work in educational design.
Today we are recognized as a leading architectural, planning, and interior design firm serving clients throughout the region. In 2013, we opened our Boston, MA office and subsequently opened our Portland, ME office during the fall of 2015. Staying true to our core belief of supporting the communities in which we work, live, and play we have broadened our expertise and sharpened our focus to distinct studios:
• Civic + Cultural | Municipal
• Higher Education
• Primary & Secondary Education
• Science + Technology
• Senior Living
We are trustworthy, fun to work with, diligent, and sincere in our commitment to help our clients reach their goals. Our staff and firm culture fully embrace this tenet: it’s who we are, how we work, and our mission statement is built on this principle.
No third-party recruiters.
Lavallee Brensinger Architects is proud to be an EEO workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Contact: Melissa Bruneau, email@example.com