Construction Project Manager
Wright-Ryan Construction provides market leadership in both commercial and residential building having diversified into six (6) lines of business within these two divisions. Our size fosters the camaraderie, collaboration and supportive environment key to our success. This, in turn, creates excellent advancement opportunities for employees with a desire for personal growth.
Join our winning team and work for a Maine employer of choice! Wright-Ryan Construction, Inc. is seeking an experienced Residential Project Manager to join with other employee owners at their location in Portland, Maine. The future Residential Project Manager is an individual with deep experience (5-10) years in high-end residential construction, interested in joining our prestigious WR Homes Division. Wright-Ryan Homes is known for unrivaled customer service and an unwavering commitment to producing high quality results.
The Project Manager is a key position within any general contractor. This position plays a leadership role in establishing long-term relationships with owners and strategic partners such as architects, subcontractors and vendors. The person in this role is charged with balancing project deadlines and costs with owner expectations of schedule, quality and budget. Wright-Ryan is known for managing the building process in a way that minimizes surprises and difficulties for the customer. This position is responsible for developing a clear, complete understanding of project scope by reviewing plans, documents and estimates. In addition, this position is accountable for creating a sound project completion plan - establishing priorities, scheduling activities, developing clear benchmarks and assigning responsibilities to ensure uninterrupted forward progress on the project. Our Project Managers partner with the Field Superintendent and Foreman from our self-performance carpentry division - forming a well-coordinated building effort. Project Managers are expected to make full use of Wright-Ryan technology in a manner that maximizes efficient processes, cash flow, owner billing and the management of project financials.
We appreciate your interest in employment with Wright-Ryan Construction. Please pay close attention to the “required” qualifications. If you meet these criteria, please email a resume and cover letter to the email address below. No phone calls please.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five to ten years’ experience in the residential construction field, providing a thorough understanding of the construction process, and including at least 5 to 7 years as the sole leader on complex residential construction projects.
- Ability to conceptually estimate customer ideas and to create more complete estimates that can form the basis for final estimates.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of high end residential construction.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, identify and promptly address issues that impact performance in risk, financials or timing of project delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to read & interpret construction drawings, plans & specifications.
- Demonstrated high level of competence in Microsoft Office; scheduling software such as Timberline PJ or other project management software, such as MS Project or Sage 300 Construction & Real Estate
- · Demonstrated knowledge of construction financials and financial risk and the ability to translate this knowledge into action.
- Ability to lead and accomplish company objectives by fostering and modeling a strong sense of personal responsibility and urgency.
- Ability to independently problem-solve, prioritize, make timely decisions and create timely responses to changes and problems while using WR priorities and past practices as guidelines.
- Ability to work in a genuinely collaborative, team environment as well as promote collaboration on the part of an effective project team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the WR team, architects/engineers, owners, and suppliers verbally and in writing.
License/Certification: Valid driver’s license
Wright-Ryan offers a competitive employee benefits package that includes a 401(k) Plan with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), health, dental, life, short-term disability, retirement and paid time off.
Wright-Ryan Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration or employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin or sexual orientation.