Architect Designer – Portland
Harriman’s lively downtown Portland, Maine office is looking to add an entry-level intern architect to its growing design team. Founded in 1870, Harriman is an integrated architectural, engineering, and planning practice passionate about sustainability and design for the future. This location, one of Harriman’s four New England outposts, works with a diverse client base on spaces impacting our community including public safety facilities, healthcare environments, schools, offices, and retail spaces, among many others. If you’re a recent graduate with less than two years of experience looking for a collaborative and creative environment in which to grow and work towards licensure, we want to meet you.
What will you do here?
- You’ll support project leaders in the design, presentation, documentation, and production of projects for varied project types.
- You’ll aid in the preparation of conceptual, schematic, and design development sets for client presentations.
- You’ll work closely with project teams on code studies, building programs, product and outline specifications, and the documentation of project work in the construction document phase.
- You’ll participate in design charettes, critiques, and exercises to develop critical thinking and technical skills.
- You’ll engage with various disciplines as a member of integrated design teams.
We’re looking for an energetic entry-level designer with the following skills and experience:
- 0-2 years of professional architectural experience (new grads welcome!)
- A Masters or Bachelors degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCad, and MS Office
- Willingness to travel throughout New England as needed
- Actively in the process of working towards licensure
What will set you apart:
- LEED, WELL or another focused accreditation
- Experience in rendering and/or graphics, including Photoshop, SketchUp, Rhino, and other visualization tools
- Involvement in community and/or design-focused organizations or associations, showing a commitment to engagement in our community
We offer completive salaries and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401K program and a friendly, collaborative work environment. Harriman is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply on line at www.harriman.com/careers/.