Senior Architect - Portland
Harriman’s lively downtown Portland, Maine office is looking for an energetic, engaging and detail-oriented Architect/Project Manager to join us. Founded in 1870, Harriman is an integrated architectural, engineering, and planning practice passionate about sustainability and design for the future. This location, one of Harriman’s four New England outposts, works with a diverse client base on spaces impacting our community including public safety facilities, healthcare environments, schools, offices, and retail spaces, among many others. If you have commitment to teamwork, holistic approach to design, and quick wit, we want to meet you.
What will you do here?
- You’ll work closely with principal leadership throughout the project lifecycle, from project inception through construction administration.
- You’ll be a critical part of new business development, working with principal leadership and marketing teams in pursuit of new projects, including research, proposal preparation, interviews, and contracts.
- You’ll coordinate project communications, serving as the client liaison and primary point of contact for the internal team and all associated consultants, vendors, and design partners, keeping projects on target with regards to budget and schedule.
- You’ll set a vision for leadership, mentoring staff and overseeing talent growth.
- You’ll be engaged on variety of project types, including code studies, facility master plans, new construction, renovation, and interior fit-up. Experience with concept through construction document production is critical.
We’re looking for a new teammate with the following skills and experience:
- 8-10 years of architecture and project management experience for diverse client types
- Architectural licensure in Maine or another qualifying state (RA or AIA)
- Experience in client management and team leadership
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel throughout New England
- High-level proficiency in Revit, AutoCad, and MS Office
- A desire for continual learning
What will set you apart:
- LEED, WELL or another focused accreditation
- Experience in rendering and/or graphics, including Photoshop, SketchUp, Rhino, and other visualization tools
- Working knowledge of, and experience with, Newforma
- Involvement in community and/or design-focused organizations or associations, showing a commitment to engagement in our community
We offer completive salaries and a full benefits package including medical, dental, 401K program and a friendly, collaborative work environment. Harriman is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply online at www.harriman.com/careers/.