Entry Level Architectural Designer
Knickerbocker Group is an employee owned, award-winning design-build firm offering comprehensive architecture, design, cabinetry and construction services for custom homes and commercial spaces throughout Maine. With offices in Boothbay and Portland, together, we are a group of inspired collaborators who contribute their diverse talents to the construction process. For the past three decades, we as a company have been dedicated to bringing great care, detail and excitement to every aspect of a project. Knickerbocker is seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team at our Boothbay Campus as a full-time entry level designer.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative atmosphere, and has strong organizational and communication skills in working directly with our clients and growing team. Designer tasks will include assisting with the internal production of architectural drawings, working closely with a lead architect to develop projects from the schematic phase through construction completion.
Qualifications needed for the position:
- Completion of a 4-5 year undergraduate or master’s degree in an architecture or interior design related program
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Comfortable using Adobe applications (Photoshop/Illustrator) to produce presentation layouts for review by clients
- Experience using 3D visualization programs such as Sketchup
- Ability to hand sketch concepts and to translate these concepts to a digital platform
- Time management skills in juggling short-term deadlines and long-term projects
Knickerbocker Group offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental insurance and 401(K) plan. If you are interested in working in a fun, supportive environment with excellent opportunity for professional development, please send resume, work samples and cover letter to email@example.com.