BRIBURN architecture for life
Part Time Office Manager (Portland, Maine)
BRIBURN architecture for life – Briburn is a growing Architecture firm located in Portland, Maine. We are committed to creating innovative, energy efficient, green solutions for residential, commercial, institutional and civic projects that artfully reflect our client’s needs and interests. www.briburn.com
We are looking for a well-rounded office manager who will be responsible for ensuring that office operations run smoothly. The individual will be responsible for managing the financial and administrative operations of the company, and they would also provide assistance with IT and marketing. The ideal person would need to be proactive and have the confidence to take the initiative to improve processes, efficiency, and recognize where they can add value. This position would require a part-time person for 20-24 hours per week to start.
- Finance - Manage accounts payable / receivable (pay bills, create invoices and update financials in QuickBooks), payroll, benefits, tax filings and contracts. Set up and monitor project budgets, prepare periodic financial reviews for principals, and prepare and monitor the annual budget.
- Admin - Handle procurement of office supplies, event coordination and travel planning. Run the bi-weekly staff meeting, maintain business insurance, and organize staff gatherings and the office library. Be responsible for day-to-day office management.
- IT - Low level troubleshooting, maintain software licenses, set up email accounts.
- Marketing - Manage the Facebook page, interface with photographers, update the website, holiday cards, keep track of publications, respond to reporters/writers, manage the Houzz page, help prepare award submissions, help prepare project proposals and field initial customer inquiries.
- HR - Maintain office records, prepare hiring paperwork, administer benefits, occasionally liaise between staff and principals, and help with hiring strategy.
- Working knowledge of accounting
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel and Word
- Experience working in Photoshop, In-Design, and WordPress preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organizational skills
- Display good time management skills
- Ability to work independently with the necessary discipline required
- Minimum college degree
Please send resume and references to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org