Kaplan Thompson Architects
Kaplan Thompson Architects is a Portland, Maine architecture firm seeking an intern architect with 0 to 2 years of professional experience for work on varied projects, all with a creative design and deep sustainability focus.
This is a unique opportunity to get in the door with a growing, award-winning firm. We’re looking for an affable individual with emerging design vision, ambition and motivation. You must have the ability to push boundaries and think unconventionally. Strong communication, writing and editing skills are vital.
We maintain an open, collaborative team approach and a collegial studio atmosphere in a fast-paced environment in our offices centrally located in Downtown Portland. To view some of our work and our philosophy, please view www.kaplanthompson.com.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Up to 2 years minimum experience in an architecture firm of any scale.
- Promising design ability.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a collaborative team environment on multiple projects at one time.
- 3D BIM experience, ArchiCAD and Mac knowledge a huge plus.
- Strong Digital or Hand rendering skills required.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly including Photoshop and InDesign.
- LEED AP / Passivhaus certification and knowledge in residential construction a plus.
- A belief in the greater good; motivated and willing to contribute to the community.
The competitive compensation package includes health coverage, a retirement plan, a transportation stipend, an education stipend, and other benefits. Please send a resume, brief cover letter, and examples of work to email@example.com. No calls please.