Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure
Intern Architect / Portland, ME
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an Intern Architect to join our Design Center in Portland, ME.
- Assist in executing architectural projects, including drawings, studies, and construction administration
- Work with project managers, architects and engineers, designers, and other project team members to carry out project requirements
- Create project illustrations and renderings
- Ability and willingness to travel, occasional field work to perform building survey assessments on regional, national and / or global projects and approximately 10% travel
Skills / Qualifications
- Professional Architecture degree – either Bachelor of Architecture or Masters in Architecture from an accredited school of architecture
- Goal for achievement of registration required. Registration is not required
- 3+/- years of well-rounded experience in any of the following project types; industrial, commercial, federal, medical, pharmaceutical, institutional design
- Our ideal candidate will be design oriented, motivated, talented, and capable of producing project renderings and construction documents
- Fluent in the latest versions of AutoCAD and Revit is mandatory Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products, SketchUp, and rendering programs is a plus
- LEED accreditation desired
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
To Apply: Apply on our website at the following link: https://amecfw-usexternal.icims.com/jobs/17341/job
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
Our Environment & Infrastructure Americas business is a leading environment and infrastructure, engineering, consulting and project management organization with about 150 offices and more than 5,500 employees. Our team of professionals provides a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government services, clean energy, industrial/pharmaceutical, water, transportation/infrastructure, mining and oil & gas.
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Amec Foster Wheeler Americas Limited sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.