Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure, Inc.
Architect / Portland, ME
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an Architect to join our Design Center in Portland, ME.
This position is located in Portland, Maine, one of the most livable cities in the US. Amec Foster Wheeler offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city. This individual will; possess the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, manage one or more projects during all phases of a project until completion, interface with both internal and external clients, collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams. Our ideal candidate will be dynamic, creative, quality driven, have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and be a proactive problem solver.
Amec Foster Wheeler is a large multinational design firm with a global reach. Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is a 6,000 person engineering and consulting firm, ranked in the ENR top 50 firms in the US. We focus on providing our clients the highest quality services in all aspects of design, consulting, and construction. Our projects in Portland are nationwide and international in range and scope. We have a full component of architecture and engineering staff in-house, and are committed to fully collaborative and integrated design with all team members contributing to our projects success.
- Responsible for project planning and development
- Develop content and execute architectural projects including drawings, specifications, and studies
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, designers, and other project team members to carry out project requirements
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation and production drawings
- Successfully manage and interface with in-house and consulting project teams and clients through all phases of projects
- Demonstrate ability, in a leadership role, in working with integrated architectural and engineering design teams in project design and documentation
- Ability and willingness to travel. Occasional field work to perform building survey assessments on regional, national, and / or global projects and approximately 10% travel
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 8 to 10 years’ well-rounded experience in any of the following project types; industrial, commercial, federal, medical, pharmaceutical, institutional design
- Demonstrated excellence in design, organization, and communication
- Registered architect, NCARB is desired
- LEED accreditation
- Bachelor of Architecture or a Master of Architecture degree from an accredited college
- Proficient in current digital modeling applications including Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in all phases and technical aspects of facility design, from programming through post construction services
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
To Apply: Apply on our website at the following link: https://amecfw-usexternal.icims.com/jobs/17342/job
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
Our Environment & Infrastructure Americas business is a leading environment and infrastructure, engineering, consulting and project management organization with about 150 offices and more than 5,500 employees. Our team of professionals provides a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government services, clean energy, industrial/pharmaceutical, water, transportation/infrastructure, mining and oil & gas.
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Amec Foster Wheeler Americas Limited sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.