SMRT Architects and Engineers
Architectural Designer/Job Captain
The Architectural Designer/Job Captain will assist the Project Manager/Architect and work with the documentation team in communicating the design intent of a project and delivering high-quality design/construction documents. Work will include architectural detailing, 3d renderings, product selection and integration, coordination with team members such as structural, mechanical, electrical, and civil engineers. Experience in our market sectors – Healthcare, Science/Technology, Government, Higher Education, Justice, and/or Military is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of architectural experience in technical design and detailing of commercial construction projects, with a developed ability in coordinating design documents for construction.
- Advanced knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Preferably also proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work on a team and communicate effectively.
- Working knowledge of building codes and other design codes.
- Experience in construction administration a plus.
- Highly detail oriented and able to produce a high quality and quantity of work on time.
- Highly organized approach to work.
- Minimum 2 year technical degree in Architectural Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture preferred
Jean C. Gabriel PHR, SHRM-CP
Director of Human Resources